Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Supper Club

Last week I hit up one of my favorite Hollywood clubs (Supper Club) on Friday and Wednesday due to the amazing lineup. Friday I was able to get up on stage and watch Donald Glaude perform on the DJM-2000s that I desperately want! Wednesday night there was no way I was staying home because the dj of the night was none other than Benny Benassi!



The last time I saw Morgan Page at Avalon I left before getting to hear Donald Glaude's after-hour set but heard nothing but great things, so I jumped at the chance upon hearing that he would be performing at a more intimate club setting. Luckily I was able to get right up on stage and watch his technique from 2 feet away. For such a big guy he had loads of energy; dancing, jumping, giving out high-fives, Glaude was ready to party! When 2 am was nearing and he still hadn't played my current favorite song - his remix of Scooter and Lavelle's Beats Inside My Head, I leaned over and asked him to pretty please play it for me. He told me he was saving the best for last and I was able to finish out my incredible night dancing my ass off to my favorite song with Glaude rooting us on! Keep up the good work Donald! :)


I have a weak spot in my heart for Benny Benassi because for as long as I've listened to electronic music, he has always produced complete bangers. Benassi is one of the most talented producers/djs in the industry and the last time I saw him perform (at Rain in Las Vegas) he blew my mind. Although the atmosphere at Supper Club is much smaller and personal, the sound system was not! The bass vibrated the building so much that we knew Benassi came on stage while in the women's restroom upstairs - ha! He of course played all of his hits while 'BENNY BENASSI' lit up behind him in LED lights. Cirque de Soleil type performers flew from the ceiling contorting their bodies as neon lasers lit the sky. What a show! His set was a little short but I'm not complaining since it was free. I'm crossing my fingers that Benassi will be doing one of his famous sets at EDC Vegas this year!



*Just bought tickets to see Deadmau5 at the Hollywood Palladium - stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment