Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Dada Life at Playhouse

5th times a charm.. well, this time it was. I've been a huge Dada Life fan since I first saw them spin at Nocturnal last year. Since then I've been to every LA show they've had - am I a creepy fan? Whatever. I tweeted the Swedish duo before the show asking them to deliver a fresh set (since I've been there done that so many times) and they promptly responded "oops, now we're nervous. ;)". No need to be nervous when you're making roughly 10k a show. Maybe it was the close and personal setting that really drew me in but I'd have to say it was one of their best sets yet.


I've always said they should remix Gwen Stefani's This Sh*t is Bananas and they finally did! They also spun a remix of Xzibit's Alcoholic that had an epic drop followed by a crate of bananas being thrown out into the audience. Did I mention all of the giant inflatable bananas hanging from the ceiling? I also need to give Playhouse props on really stepping up their display; LED lights everywhere and even spelling out 'DADA LIFE' directly in front of the stage to give the feel of a larger festival set. Towards the end of the night special guest and friend of Dada Life - Avicii came up on stage. This of course drove the crowd wild and I'll luckily be able to see a full Avicii set this Friday at Music Box.  A few hours later and hair full of champagne, we stumbled out of Playhouse with my favorite remix of Kaskade's Dynasty still in my head. Thanks again guys for NEVER letting me down - it was one of the best Monday nights I've ever had!

3 comments:

  1. Asia...I saw that dada retweeted you then found your blog. SUPER EXCITED FOR AVICII! I hope he's wearing plaid!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks love, had so much fun with you!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. HAHA. love this shit. shoulda been there at the PALLADIUM set when they dropped that remix. boat races followed. epic.

    ReplyDelete